Sunday, October 12, 2008

"first knight in french"

here's a humble attempt at some poetry inspired by a late night in Brussels. The city is filled with life and laughter and beautiful people speaking french. In June, maybe I'll try the poem in french...

"first knight in french"

what if EVERYTHING I said was right
and all the words in French TONIGHT
would you still dance that awkward pride
and take me round that slippery slide
'you're so SWEET' she said without a smile
and in my gut crept up denial
this is my sunny Saturday and you cannot
'take me now' for all I've got

without the freedom to be GOOD
and write tell you all the things I SHOULD
it feels like you're about to do
that thing you do that makes you you
forever LOST inside your misplaced feelings
upside down standing on the ceilings
of all the words that never came out
when all we did was whisper SHOUT

if you could CHANGE everything I've known
and finally reap the LOVEI've sown
I'd be a butterfly riding the air
singing a bird's song without a care
thinking back to paint the scene
for me this time, without your green
and I mean it this time 'you're so SWEET'
if only...
we could meet

what if everything I said was RIGHT
and all the words in French TONIGHT

ca va

No comments:

Colors On Paper

Colors On Paper