Thursday, September 25, 2008

Blake's Blog Begins In Brussels, Belgium

there's something incredible about how fast time is going here. Some people say its just the beginning of a great roller coaster. Others that I'm suffering from culture shock and it won't always 'fly' by. And still some say that this place can be like a dream for years and years and I just need to get used to how fast the good and bad go screaching by like some surreal video I'm watching in fast forward.


Yesterday, I awoke to sun shining through the curtains. I met Megan Meyer for breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien, meaning The Daily Bread (one of the best bakeries in Belgium - http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/05/business/wbspot07.php). We walked through the sunny district of ULB (university area in Brussels). Then I found my way home, dressed for a run in shorts and t-shirt, found a great second hand shop 45 mins later, rode the tram for a bit, made a great chicken/pepper/basil dish with fresh caprese (YUMMY), and strolled downtown (with Meg again!) to watch Mamma Mia (what a hoot). It was a picture perfect day in Brussels.



In Motion,
Cause I have to be...


No comments:

Colors On Paper

Colors On Paper