Sunday, September 28, 2008

Keeping In Contact

When I first thought about moving to Europe, I knew I wanted to find my way into a dance scene. Particularly: CONTACT IMPROVISATION (ci)

Contact is a dance of physics-momentum, gravity, inertia, energy, time, space. (CI) is a dance technique in which points of physical contact provide the starting point for exploration through movement improvisation... And the rest we just make up along the way ! :)

The past three weekends I have been lucky enough to take part in jams around Brussels. Finding a small, loft studio with eight other dancers one week to an open warehouse covered with marly and 20 movers the next. I am very much looking forward to finding new, hidden corners of dance in this great city.

here's a short video of me dancing CI in PA this past summer (celebrating Contact's 36th birthday!!)

No comments:

Colors On Paper

Colors On Paper